Monday, June 6, 2011

Juneathon Day 6

Didn't plan on running today, only planned on an easy walk.  But I had a craptastic start to the morning and as the day wore on, it got more craptastic.  So I ran home at lunch and grabbed my running stuff.  I wasn't 100% on board with it, but my running buddy, Bitter Bob, texted me and pretty much told me to suck it up, buttercup.  I finished the afternoon at work and by the time I was done, I was working on being a wreck.  I figured that I could go home and freak out, or go for a run and most likely feel a ton better.  So I ran. 

I went to the track.  The weather was perfect - upper 70s, breezy and best of all, the sprinklers were on at the track. So with no plan whatsoever, I started out.  I walked about 200m, then broke into a run.  That first 200m run was tough. My shins were hurting, my form was bad, I wanted to give up.  As a made my way around the curve, i decided to run up the bleachers on my way around.  That kinda sucked, too. As I made my way back down the bleachers, I was totally sucking wind. But I figured it was good for me - gotta get that chatter out of my head and the easiest, fastest way to do it is to just push.  So I did.  I did a (4) 200m, with a trip up the bleachers at the end of each one, and followed by a 200m walk.  Then I reverse directions and did 2 more 200m runs, before I walked the last two laps around the track. By the time I was done, I felt lots better and was really glad I decided to head out.

I'm not sure if Garmie was on target tonight - I had some crazy times (as low as 8:44/mi) and as slow as 22:05/mi.  It didn't feel like I was running at either one of those speeds, so I may take Boo's garmin out for a spin sometime.  I wonder if you can wear two garmins at the same time. hehe

All in all, I got in 2.25 miles in 37:55 ish.  Yay me!

No comments: