Sunday, June 12, 2011

Juneathon Day 11 - Flirt with Dirt

My first 10k trail race today.  It was soooo much fun.  Waaaay better than the trail half from hell that I did in May.  The hills were rolling and gentle and there was mud and it was awesome.  It was my first 10k since 1988. I did it in 1:25.  Not setting the world on fire, but I had fun and that's all that matters.

I ended up running with these two women for like 4 miles.  It was nice not to be alone in the woods this time. I could've gone faster but I didn't know how to run a 10k, so I just stuck with them.  After the Mile 4 water stop, I took off in front of them.  The last two miles were hillier than the first 4, but I pushed through. I ended up finishing like 3 minutes before them.

I'm really digging the trail running.  My shins don't hurt and my hips don't ache after.  It's pretty awesome.  I need to get out on the trails more often.

So Race #2 in the Serious Series is done.  All I have left is The Legend and that's not for almost two months. I gotta find me some trails to run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trail run sounds fun. Was it signed and marshalled or did you have to navigate?

d'RC said...

Thanks for visiting. The course was on the bike trails in a local park. There were orange flags every so often along the path or tied to the trees. It was pretty easy to follow. We were warned at the start to follow the orange flags - not the person in front of us. lol
I'm definitely running it again next year. :)