Friday, June 3, 2011

Juneathon Day 3

Hooah! I'm on a roll.  For the most boring blog posts evah.

Today I RAN!  For the first time since I was struck by the plague (I think the last time I ran was the Wyandotte thing on 5/20/11).  I got out there.  Inhaled some fresh air, moved my legs, and even threw in a little speedwork. My first speedwork in like 24 years. Yay! So here's the scoop:

2 miles, 29:44
I did a warm up walk for 2 minutes and then ran the rest of the loop (a smidge under 1/2 mile) at crazy fast (for me) speed. Like 10:30 to 11:00 pace.  Then I walked 1/4 mile.  Then I ran 1/4 mile at around 9:45 pace.  Walked another 1/4 mile then ran 1/4 mile at 9:45 again.  Walked the rest of the way until I reached the two mile mark and called it quits.  It felt AWESOME.  I'm still not relaxed because I'm constantly worried about my foot. Constantly. I just wish I knew what caused the whole mess so I knew what to do to avoid it or prevent it. Drives me crazy.  I'm not a huge fan of treating symptoms without finding out the cause.  I need to find a good sports med doc, me thinks.  

Not sure what I'm going to do for Juneathon.  I shouldn't run every day - in fact, I'd be happy with 3 times per week. But I need to find some other stuff to do on non-run days.  I really only like to run.  Classes are ok, but I'm not always motivated to get to the gym.  Maybe I'll see if they have anything going this summer. I do need to work on the old arms.  20 year reunion coming up in August.  I want to rock some short sleeves. 

So, this is pretty boring, so I'm calling it quits on this post.  Happy Weekend and run like the wind if you're racing this weekend!

No comments: