Friday, February 22, 2013

Runniversary!

♫ Happy Runniversary to me!  Happy Runniversary to me!  Happy Runniversary to meee-eeeee! Happy Runniversary to me!♫

Four years.  I can't believe it.  It's been four years of excitement and injury and race nerves and huge accomplishments.  I wish I had all of my charts and calendars handy so that I could add up my total mileage. I hadn't ever imagined that I'd be curious as to how far I've run, but now I am.  Guess maybe I need to dig them out and see what's what.

In the last four years, I've gone from ralking at the park to a weekly 5k with friends, which is always followed by a stop at the coffee shop for some chatting.  I never imagined that running would lead to actual friends who expect to see me on Saturday mornings (and keep me accountable).  I also never imagined that I'd trade snoozing in a warm bed with my family for running around a park in ankle deep snow in single digit temps.

I've got some stuff planned this year and I'm excited about it.  I'm planning on pacing Runner Buddy Bob for a lap during his 100 Miler in September.  That's 16 miles of trail - which scares the crap out of me as much as it excites me.  The big thing for me this year is that I'm signed up for the Freep Half.  I picked the international one, so I get to run through the tunnel.  And I get to get a passport.  I'll most likely only use it for this run, but hey, one more thing off my bucket list.  I wanted to do this race in 2010, but I spent six months of that year being injured and didn't want to start training for it and hurt myself again.  So it's finally going to happen and I'm totally stoked.

Here's to making my 5th year back on the road a total blast!


No comments: